Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Whoa, I forgot I had a blog!

It has been a long, long time since I posted and a lot has changed....most significantly, this is what I look like now:

22 weeks pregnant (5 1/2 months)




How did this happen?  Well, you know how...but the who is more interesting.  As I read back  through my posts, I could tell I was starting to talk about him more and more, or at least, think about him a lot more, and the "him" was "boy workout and running partner," who I first mentioned back in Oct. 2010.  Turns out he kept track of my whereabouts because he liked me!  We both started in the same hiring class back in June, and after hanging out within a group of friends, we quietly went on our first date for my birthday to go to dinner and rock climbing with some friends, and then we hung out afterwards by ourselves and really hit it off.  This was after I started getting frustrated because I liked him, and he liked me, but we weren't communicating that to each other in the right way. I remember when I KNEW he was the one for me.  We had been hanging out a lot and could talk about anything with each other.  Completely open, no shame, no embarrassment.  I was talking to him in the car one day and realized I had never felt this level of comfort and openness with anyone, and I knew that was it.  So after some initial misfires (he actually first asked me out sometime in October or November of 2010, I said no, I don't know why), we finally made it work by February 2011!  It is now almost May 2012 and we're starting a great adventure together in North Carolina, preparing for our very welcome, surprise little girl, Quinn Elinor.


No comments:

Post a Comment