Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quinn's Room

I mentioned in my "update" post that B and I were living in North Carolina.  We moved when I was four months pregnant.  B got a job within our company doing risk assurance (think auditing with IT) which pays more and has a lot more opportunities.  I was supposed to start a client facing auditing position July 1, but after finding out we were pregnant, I opted to take a temporary work from home position with my department back in Tampa.  After maternity leave I will either be a) applying for a position with our company in NC or b) applying for a position with a private company.

Since getting to our new house, I've had the luxury of being able to start planning for and putting together Quinn's bedroom!  So I thought I'd share some pictures of what we have so far.

I put some of her newborn clothes in the crib to get a sense of the size she'll be when she makes her appearance.


Our basic premise for her room was no theme and nothing too babyish.  We based our choices off the red Nerdy Bears artwork I bought from an art show in Tampa.
Our other inspiration came from the elephant painting I did when I was 10, so basically our colors are red and green.  This also worked out because B and I had purchased some special gifts for each other that will match the red and green.  I have a stuffed green pig, from Angry Birds, that B bought me, and he has a stuffed I Heart Guts red plush heart...the organ, that I bought for him. as well as a green plush Kermit the Frog I got him.

We decided to keep a bed in here as well, since we only have  two bedrooms and want a place for guests to sleep when they come.  We'll most likely just put them in our room and sleep in here if that is the case.


1 comment:

  1. aww, it's super cute, I love the nursery. I can't wait to come up and help with the birth and meet Quinn. oh and she will be smaller than the clothes lead you to believe, when you see the little tiny fingers and hold her and when her head is smaller than your breast while you nurse. I always look at their fist and imagine how small their heart is or try to picture the size of their lungs, it sounds a little macabre but when you think of such tiny organs working perfectly it's kind of mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete