Monday, December 27, 2010

Procrastination

I am currently on holiday from work, but I started to get sick two days before the holiday began.  I've since spent the majority of my time laying around, watching movies, reading books, or listening to music, and then researching anything that sparked my interest based on that. For example, did you know that the song Yankee Doodle Dandy was originally a song sung by the British during the Revolutionary War by British soldiers who were making fun of Americans. That a dandy/macaroni was what they called ultra fashionable, foppish gentleman of leisure in England.  The British said that the colonists were so backwards that a Yankee Dandy would put a feather in his hat and call himself a maccaroni, or dandy, whereas the English maccaroni style was so much more extreme and over the top. I've spent so much time on Wikipedia, I feel like I should cave to Jimmy Wales appeal for donations.  I feel like the maccaronis, dandies, and fops of the past are our modern day metrosexuals and Jersey Shore gym rats.  But I digress.
"What is this my son Tom?", 1774



Aside from this little fun fact, the truth is, there is so much I should be doing. Like studying for BEC. I have ordered the update from Becker, but it won't be in for another week or so with the holiday.  There is material from the 2010 version that I could be studying, but I haven't started on it since I found out I spent two weeks studying the wrong material.  Instead I've spent time researching useless information and scanning all of my dad's old photos. 

Me with my stuffed snake

Grandpa Ray

Grandma Peggy

Great Grandparents Gertie and Fran with their first five (of 29) grandchildren.  My dad is the oldest one holding the baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment