Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fried

That is how I feel.  Particularly, that is how my brain feels. Absolutely fried. Remember those old commercials with the egg: "This is your brain." Crack open the egg and fry it.  "This is your brain on drugs."  It should be "This is your brain after three consecutive 60 hour work weeks and staying up late to study for the CPA exam so that you are only getting 5 hours of sleep a night."

Peak period was supposed to have ended two weeks ago, but we're still going.  We are leaving earlier, but the days still don't stop.  I work nonstop from the time I come in until the time I leave.  During peak, peak period, I was using my lunches to study for the exam, but now that peak period is over and we're supposed to be getting out at 5:30, I've been working through lunch and still staying until 6:30 or 7:00.

This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't coming home and starting on Becker.  I was supposed to take FAR this coming Monday, instead I postponed until the following Monday, which is also the last opportunity to take it this year...before the test changes.  The Becker FAR material is a textbook, a 9 section textbook, and each section has a 4 hour lecture and 4 hours worth of homework problems.  Not to mention practice exams and simulations.  I am just finishing section 5 and I am behind schedule.  As I was starting to do the homework, at midnight after working 10.5 hours today and studying for several hours once I got home, I absolutely couldn't think.

That is where I am now.  Near tears.  I'm just so stressed out.  I can't even try to get through the homework for section 5 of FAR tonight because my brain will not function. Or I can and did try, but it was counterproductive.  I have several due dates tomorrow at work, and half of my team has no work at all.  Which is good because they will be able to take some of the work off my plate, but frustrating because I still have work coming in.  On top of everything else, I haven't been out for a run all week because I was sick Monday through Wednesday, on top of being pressed for time.  I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin today at work.  I've been sedentary for a week now and my body is absolutely in revolt.  It is a horrible feeling.

So there is my rant.  My brain feels all sorts of wired in an approaching insomnia way, and my body is exhausted and confused and ansty.  I am going to attempt to go to sleep for 6 hours and then wake up for a run.  Then I will go to work tomorrow, parcel out my work so that our whole team can flex out early, finish the homework for section 5, and then go out for the sushi and sake happy hour I haven't been to in weeks to unwind.  Then I can get home around 8 - 8:30, start on section 6, and then go to bed.  Saturday I will sleep in and then this weekend, if I can get through 3 sections, I will be in good shape.  If I can get through 4 it would be amazing.  I will take care of my body, my mind, and my nerves.  BREATH.

No comments:

Post a Comment