Saturday, October 6, 2012

Breastfeeding Weenie

I'm the biggest weenie. I've been home by myself each week since Brian travels for work. Since we only moved here 6 months ago and I've been working from home, I haven't met anyone. Since I have a brand new baby, I don't get out a lot. I was feeling super lonely today so I decided to take Quinn on a walk downtown. She is six weeks and has been fussy in the sling, so I decided to try out the stroller, which she seemed to enjoy. We walked through the park and down the street.
On the way back I decided to stop by the coffee shop and grab a coffee. When I got inside there was another young family in the shop, and they had a little baby. The little boy had baby legs on and was very cute. When the grandfather asked how old Quinn was I told them 6 weeks and asked how old the boy was and he turned out to be two months. So then Quinn started fussing in the stroller so I took her out and the mother complimented me on her diaper cover and asked me what kind it was. Yay! This is another CDing mom, she has a two month old, and is in my small town, I could have a friend! So then Quinn wanted to eat and I froze...I didn't have a nursing top on and I wasn't sure about pulling up my t-shirt to try and feed Quinn since I didn't have a blanket with me. I considered nursing Quinn anyway, but I got too scared. I grabbed a lid for my coffee and headed out, right after I had sat down, and right after the family had talked to me. I must have seemed like the biggest snob! As I was walking home I debated just turning back around, sitting my butt down in the coffee shop and feeding Quinn, and trying to start a conversation with the lady. Instead I continued home feeling like a huge weenie.

No comments:

Post a Comment